I’m sure you’ve seen the post on LinkedIn or maybe even Facebook or Instagram. The title is, “10 Things that Require Zero Talent,” and your reaction is, “Exactly!”
But they do require talent. It may not be math or legal expertise or sales or digital marketing, but anything learned is a skill, and if people think they are easy to learn, what would be the reason people don’t have them? Apathy is partially the reason, but what is easy for one person is hard for another. Innate things that take zero talent are few and far between. Let me explain the ten that have been so publicized.
- Being on time. Arriving somewhere that is either an hour away or just five minutes, always being punctual — that’s called planning. It’s a skill. Whether it’s a delivery truck following its schedule or a salesperson getting to a meeting, knowing when to leave or that you should check the weather and traffic if planning to drive, are things learned.
- Work ethic. Too many people don’t realize how involved this is, and how much it depends on experience. It’s like exercising: You think running 4 mph on the treadmill at no incline is a workout — until you realize you can go 7.5 mph at a level-three incline. It’s about endurance, comparison and drive.
- Effort. Honestly? This is basically the same thing as work ethic.
- Body language. I’m CEO of a company with 200 employees, and I still have to remind myself to maintain eye contact. The art of a handshake is messed up all the time, and after people leave a meeting, the guy or gal with the wet-fish handshake is always criticized. But you’re not born knowing how to do these things.
- Energy. Many people have sleeping disorders, which directly links to energy levels, while others are “over-energetic” and need to be taught to calm their energy levels. Other people who are naturally even-keeled need to learn how to show their energy level, even though it goes against their type-B personality. Personal energy is like electricity — it involves how you’re wired. You need to train your mind on how you should utilize it.
- Attitude. There aren’t a bazillion self-help industries because attitude isn’t a skill. You can think the cards are all dealt against you, or you can take steps to learn. You can choose to work on being better, or you can tell yourself “it doesn’t matter.” But attitude is the most important skill. It sets you up for all the others.
- Passion. This comes from trying things, learning things. It could be cooking, motorcycles, gardening, music, writing, poetry, movies, decorating. Push yourself to explore. Once you learn that, having passion is contagious. And realizing that it’s okay to show your passion is step one.
- Being coachable. This starts at a young age. Early childhood education is key. Before the age of five is the most important time in a person’s life to learn key ways to be successful contributors to society. I’ve hired many people in their thirties and forties who didn’t either want or know how to adapt to a new environment or to learn to be better managers. They didn’t know how to handle being coached. I’ve had others who did and flourished.
- Doing extra. This falls under work ethic and passion. Where does your job start and end? Knowing how much of a difference a little extra makes can change people’s perception. I’ve hired employees who accumulate data and share it while it’s still raw. I’ve hired others who get the data and package it beautifully, in a way that’s easier to understand and work with. Extra work makes a huge impact.
- Be prepared. This ties in with work ethic, too. But there is also, as importantly, the act of being over-prepared. When you spend more time than needed because you’d rather prep for a meeting than execute other aspects of your job, you’re over-preparing. It costs you in other areas. On the flip side, those who don’t prepare enough to know the details are hurting themselves. Every job, company and career requires different levels of preparation, both physical and mental.
However, there is one important skill missing from this list: empathy. I wish everyone had more empathy. It’s easy to say that a person doesn’t have something like work ethic — and that they should, because “it takes no talent” — but taking the time to explain to someone what work ethic really is, and how to improve theirs, goes a much longer way.
Students are generally assigned to write paragraphs, short essay or long essay in their schools. Now-a-days, essay writing has been common phenomenon in the schools and colleges. It is followed by the teachers to enhance student’s writing skill and knowledge about any topic. It is also used to get student’s views, ideas and positive suggestions about any topic. We have provided below some paragraph, short essay and long essay on punctuality in order to help students to get their destination very easily. Have a look on the following punctuality essay according to your need and requirement:
Essay on Punctuality
Punctuality Essay 1 (100 words)
Punctuality is the property of any person to be on exact time or complete any task within the given time. A person who always does his/her works on time is called as punctual. Punctuality is the characteristic of a person which makes him capable to handle all the appointments on time. It enables a person to do right thing at right time without any excuse of delay in work. Punctuality is a very necessary trait which must be in all the people. It plays various great roles in every walk of life and benefits a person in many ways. Students must be taught to reach their schools at right time. Punctuality is a powerful quality which can make a person successful and famous personality.
Punctuality Essay 2 (150 words)
Punctuality is a good trait which can be developed at any age however good to develop from childhood; as the nature and capacity of following things reduces slowly with age. It is a quality of doing things promptly at right time. It is a fundamental virtue which always gives it beneficial fruits all through the life. Lack of punctuality in the life causes various harmful effects. It is considered as the best key to success in every field of work. People, who cannot be punctual, get failure in their life. Following are some tips to develop punctuality:
- It needs patience, activeness, and discipline in life.
- A person needs to develop positive attitudes to be punctual.
- It needs much practice and dedication towards work.
- Develop habit to see clock at minimal interval of time.
- Set alarm before sleeping to be on time.
- Develop respect for time.
- Develop habit of maintaining a diary to be on time for every appointment.
- Read encouraging articles on internet to get motivated.
Punctuality Essay 3 (200 words)
Punctuality is a habit of person to do any task on time. It is one of the most important secrets of the success for any person. Punctuality is the most important character of leaders who lead the country or other tasks. Being punctual means to be on time as well as maintains everything related to task in orderly manner in order to complete the task. It is an etiquette which motivates a person to do works in timely manner and keeps him well aware of the importance of time. A punctual person knows well to manage and respect his/her time.
Value and Importance of Punctuality
A person, who is punctual, lives a much disciplined life and gets lots of respect in the family and society. He does all the works on time successfully without any interference. Employees working in the defense system are trained in tough manner to be disciplined and punctual on their duty whether it is raining, sunny, thundering, or other natural disasters. Punctuality leads a person towards success located at any highest point. This quality can better develop from the childhood by the help of parents at home and teachers at school. A punctual student gets love and respect in the family, school and society as well as goes ahead to the destination.
Punctuality Essay 4 (250 words)
Punctuality is one of the most important characteristics of a successful person. A person with this quality can easily complete all his/her task on right time or before time. It makes me really surprised when I think that what will happen if each and every citizen (student, officer, teacher, leader, politician, doctor, engineer, trader, etc) of the country will be punctual. I think, it will surely make all the systems on track and lead the country towards glory and success. Punctuality is an essential trait,
helps people to build bright career. If we have a look on the history of any great man, we know the real facts of their successful life. It enables a person to schedule all the tasks of a day and perform in easy manner on time. Punctual people never waste their time even a minute or second.
Advantages of Punctuality
Punctuality is virtue of a disciplined person. It makes a person more efficient and helps him to go with time. A punctual and disciplined person always becomes happy, fit and healthy. A person with this quality never feel relax without completing his/her tasks on time. He/she wakes up early in the morning, completes all the daily routine tasks and gets involved in the tasks what he/she needs to go ahead in life. Punctual and disciplined people never get failed in their life and always get respect.
Other than human lives, if we have a look on the natural processes (like sun rise, air blow, water flow, moon rise, sun set, seasons arrival, flower blooming, and many more), all happens on right time without getting late even for a minute. All the natural processes are best example to us to learn something about punctuality.
Punctuality Essay 5 (300 words)
Punctuality is a most important characteristic that everyone must have to be a successful person. It makes a person capable enough to complete all the required tasks at already decided time. The word meaning of punctual is ‘on time’. It is very necessary for everyone to be on time. What will happen if a doctor gets late to the operation theatre, student gets late to the examination hall, etc. Everything will get messed up, a student can be out of examination hall and a patient can be dead.
Importance of Punctuality in Student’s Life
It is very necessary for a student to be punctual all time in order to achieve what he/she wants in life. It is one of the noblest virtues which make students more civilized and cultured. Students need this quality to develop as a habit to do things in correct time. Being punctual proves this proverb ‘A stitch in time saves nine’ means doing tasks within time saves time and unnecessary troubles.
Punctuality is of great values to the students as it teaches them discipline also. Using this, students can be on right time everywhere such as in school, in lab, in class, in library, at home, in examination hall, in project, etc. They can perform better at both place home and school. It helps in removing laziness and negative attitudes of the students. A disciplined and punctual student always gets respect, recognition and social acceptance in the school and society. They appreciated a lot by the teachers and parents.
Punctuality is the key to success for all the punctual students. Students should follow all the great world leaders to achieve fame and success. It provides students various golden opportunities to do better in life in many areas. No one of us has born with the virtue of punctuality; everyone has to develop it on their own. It makes certain the path of success.
Punctuality is a necessary trait for all. It needs to be developed by all especially youths of the nation as they are future and have to lead their country. The rate of development in any country depends on how people of that country are punctual and disciplined to their job. So, punctuality is a key to success for everyone.
Punctuality Essay 6 (400 words)
Punctuality means always being on time. Being a punctual person benefits a lot all through the life in various effective ways. It is a must to have habit by everyone as it helps in all the public affairs of any civilized society. Without punctuality everything becomes disordered and life never goes smooth. For a punctual person, it becomes very hard to waste his/her valuable time. They always handle all the daily routine works and job appointments at right time.
Punctuality is the Key to Success
It is very true that punctuality is the key to success because the person who does not understand the meaning and value of time can never get success in his/her life. Being a successful person means arriving to the destination what a person want in the life. And it can happen only when he/she does all the works on time dedicatedly and regularly. Punctuality is the secret of all the successful people in this world. in life. It makes the path very clear to go ahead and get success and fame all over the world. Successful people know very well the value of time as well as how to utilize time in proper manner in their life.
It is well said that ‘Time and tide, waits for none’. It means that both, time and tide never wait anyone. No one can store the time to use in future however everyone can use it completely by going side to side with time. Everyone has to understand the value of time in order to live a meaningful life. No one take birth with this quality however some people develop it later in their life according to their need and requirement. It is the most important virtue which can be acquired step by step. It can be developed better from the childhood by the help of parents and teachers at home and school respectively. Any good habit becomes very good and never goes whenever it is acquired well by the person. It becomes the permanent part of people’s nature. The habit of punctuality looks in the personality of a person.
A punctual student can better perform his/her school tasks in due time than the one who is not punctual. A punctual person looks very healthy, fit, strong, trustworthy and beautiful.
Punctuality plays a great role in people’s life by giving them their way to destination. All the parents and teachers should understand their responsibilities and help their children and students in developing punctuality in their growing age. Punctual and successful people become the role models and worthy personalities of their society and country. People, who destroy their time can never do things what they want and become failure. So, everyone must be punctual in this competitive world to survive happily.