+ All Confidentiality Essays:
- Case Study of Ethics
- Counselling Skills
- Person Centred Approaches to Counselling- Creating a Safe Space
- NVQ 5 Communication
- Ethics and Law in the Field of Counseling
- How Group Leaders must Conduct themselves and their Group
- Managing Business Information Systems
- What Is Essential in the Helping Relationship?
- Be the Manager: Creating an Ethical Code
- Explain the Different Types of Business Agreement and the Importance of the Key Elements Required for the Formation of a Valid Contrac
- Solving HealthCare’s eMail Security Problem
- The Ethical Dilemmas of Genetic Testing for Huntington's Disease
- Computers and Homeland Security
- Waterfall Life Cycle Model and Agile Methodology
- Managing Medical Ethics and Legal Requirements in a Primary Care and Health Environment
- Unit 028 - Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People
- Professional and Ethical Issues in Person-Centred Counselling
- Profession Issues in Counselling Person Centred
- Network Security
- Wgu Nut1 Nursing Informatics
- health communication
- Ethical Dilemmas for Lawyers, Staff, and Management
- Unit 4222-302 Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Cost Accounting and Decision Making
- Ethics and Evaluations in Psychotherapy
- Why I Chose to Become a Mental Health Counselor
- Work-Related Project Analysis, Part I
- Cypcore33-1.1 Outline Current Legislation, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures Within Own Uk Home Nation Affecting the Safeguarding of Children and Young People.
- Litigation - Study Questions
- CSEC 610 Individual Assignment
- Health Care Communication Methods
- Counselor´s Record Keeping System
- Safeguarding and Welfare of Children and Young People.
- Ethical Standards in Research
- Hnc Health Care Reflective Account
- Investigative Psychology
- Undestand the Impact of Policy, Legislation, Regulation, Codes of Practice and Standards on Organisation Policy and Practice
- It244 Access Control
- Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Task 4
- Butler Assessment 1 Facilitate the Counselling Process doc
- Identification of Ethical and Legal Dilemmas
- Abuse in Government Care
- Health Care Rights
- Traits of an Effective Counselor
- Stigmatization and Discrimination: Living with HIV/AIDS in Canada
- An Ethical Dilemma in the Description of a Case
- Internal Control for Information Security
- Unit 203 Business
- An Analysis of 'The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Proposal for the Relocation of an Office
- Analysis of the Movie 'Analyze This'
- The Changing Nature of Family Life
- Level 3 Health & Social Care Diploma(Adults)
- Unit 219 Nvq L3 Business and Administration
- Breaching the Security of an Internet Patient Portal
- Unit 301 Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults.
- Effective Communication in the Early Childhood Education Environment
- Importance of HIPAA and the Bill of Rights in the Healthcare System
- Accountant Responsibility
- Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Communication and Child
- Cypop Assessmsnt Task 3
- Ethical Issues in Group Counseling
- Patients' Rights and Access to Medical Records
- Unit 4222-301 Promote Communication
- City of Chicago Information Security Policy
- School Counseling: A Case Study in Ethical Decision Making
- CCMH506 R2 Personality In Counseling Worksheet WK1
- 301 Communication
- Unit 3: Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People & Adults
- Circle of Conflict and the Triangle of Satisfaction Models
Essay on Confidentiality in Building and Sustaining Relationships
1699 Words7 Pages
The Data collected may be passed onto interested parties but this must be only the appropriate information. Schools hold lots of information about pupils, staff and parents.
A key component for relationship building and sustaining relationships is confidentiality. Confidentiality in any workplace is of utmost importance. It is an important right for every individual.
Confidentiality creates trust, respect and shows sensitivity. These qualities are especially important in school as parents, staff and children need to feel safe and secure. Safety and security can only occur where trust, respect and sensitivity are present. Individuals may not feel valued or able to hold their self esteem if private
details…show more content…
Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data;
8. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
The Data Protection Act describes personal data as facts and opinions about an individual. The information stored about people must be absolutely necessary and in context with the information required.
The data must only be kept as long as necessary and then destroyed.
The means of destroying could be a paper shredder or burning to ensure the information does not fall into the wrong hands. All paper based information must be kept under lock and key which would be held by staff with the authority to see the information. Information stored on computer systems must be password protected again only people with authorisation should know the password. Back ups of this information should be kept in case of fire. The backups being kept on separate premises, again under lock or key or password protected.
Much information today is sent by fax, the fax’s should only be sent