Henry David Thoreau once said, “If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. However, do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see.” In terms of academic writing, this phrase means being able to draw visual images with the help of words. What is an illustration essay? An illustration essay is what best describes a paper written to create a picture in the reader’s mind and deliver the target message more effectively. In this article, we will discuss the meaning, topic, and several examples of the illustration essay.
GET A WINNING HOMEWORK ESSAY
Would you like an expert to help you with your academic writing? Do not miss a unique opportunity to buy custom illustration essays from the top writing company.
Illustration Essay Definition & Usage
A student may ask, “What is an illustration essay”? It is a logical question. This genre of writing is rare compared to argumentative, persuasive, compare & contrast, or narrative papers. Illustration essay interprets specific situation/person/object by providing certain examples and different details to let the reader understand the selected topic broader. To understand different types of academic essays better, you may like the website full of free essay examples.
Here is the list of illustrative essay examples. Choose the topic without conducting research!
- Use specific sports terms to illustrate how to swim a stroke in Olympic swimming, dive, or demonstrate other abilities in the water.
- Explain how dancing/acting on the stage is different from the high school cheerleading; what is a higher art?
- Discuss why a sports team of your preference (basketball, football) is underrated; why the soccer team you dislike is overrated.
- Illustrate the stages a college applicant should take in writing a winning college entrance essay to join the target educational institution.
- Share how you managed to survive your first year in college with your readers by writing several effective tips from your experience.
- Explain how you used to flirt with the opposite gender correctly to avoid being a part of the “friendship zone.”
Work & Career
- Show the way professional scientists conduct research by describing every required step in details.
- Explain what an HR manager does; write down several examples from your personal interaction with the representatives of this profession.
- Illustrate what a chief from the prestigious restaurant downtown does to cook the dish of the day (e.g., a deer).
- List & explain the features of a good business writing (e.g., make a list of the winning professional terms/keywords, which helped you to pass a job interview).
- Write about the city, which used to survive some natural disaster (an earthquake, tsunami, tornado, hurricane, etc).
- The topic on how society can support children who became the victims of school bullying/hate crimes/home violence.
How to Write an Illustration Essay
Writing an essay is made of five basic steps. Before writing your paper, decide on the most effective title.
Step 1: Identify the object of your writing (a.k.a. the main illustrative essay topic) and write a powerful thesis statement, which will impress both the teacher and entire reading audience. Help your reader to understand your topic ahead. Pick minimum three keywords/points to explain why you believe/deny the specific idea - this sentence is your thesis statement.
Example: “Gender stereotypes exist in the professional world. Many business companies prefer having men as their CEOs.”
Step 2: You are almost done with your introduction paragraph. Keep on writing what you are going to share with the reader, and provide reasons for choosing a particular topic. Start the first paragraph with the hooking sentence. Several types of the hooks exist to consider: direct quote, poetry line, metaphor, simile, joke, fact, etc. This technique will grab the reader’s attention from the first line of the essay. [Learn here how to write an analytical essay]
ORDER YOUR A+ ESSAY FROM US
Step 3: Your illustration essay should be supported by the good outline (an essay outline serves as the action plan for your writing from cover to cover). Keep on writing a paragraph supporting each reason why you chose a specific essay topic until you get three good reasons.
Example: “Last time I attended a job interview, I have lost my place to Mr. Green, and the only ‘good’ reason the local HR told me is he believes women do not possess powerful marketing ideas to help their company”.
Step 4: It is the easiest step in the essay writing. The writer must list three points explaining why he chose the specific illustration topic/example at the beginning of each sentence, and then support it with the meaningful evidence retrieved from the research.
Step 5: After writing a conclusion, a professional writer would like to double-check the entire essay for the following mistakes:
- Grammar & spelling
- Plagiarism & other small issues
Even if you know how to write an illustration essay perfectly, do not ignore the stage of proofreading & editing, or hire professional online editors to check your final paper.
Types of Examples You May Use to Support an Illustration Essay Thesis
To answer, “what is an illustration essay,” the student must realize the importance of examples taken from personal experience. You should support an illustration essay with the vivid examples from your personal experience. Use several good methods to get inspired: personal observation, interviews, experience, & media.
A personal observation requires observing different locations related to your chosen topic. Do not forget to take notes explaining your impressions through five human senses.
An interview means having a face-to-face conversation with people who are experts in the fields connected with your topic. These people can share exciting examples so that your writing will stand out from the rest of the papers. Conduct a research to prepare a list of related questions before contacting the people of your interest.
Recall your personal experience to include in your writing. Personal memories are a good source of ideas you can share with the readers to support the main argument. Research & look at some images to jog your memory. Write every topic detail you remember from your personal life experience; do not forget to include sensory expressions & comments from other people. Let the adjectives and adverbs help you with your writing.
Media is one of the most useful sources of ideas & examples in the modern world. Spend some time on social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram) where people of all types share their experience by writing meaningful posts or publishing interesting videos. Pick the best topic examples for your illustration essay from the following sources:
We hope that after reading the article from the market specialists, you understand the answer to the questions like, “What does illustrate mean in an essay?” If you want more illustration essay examples, help with the research, or good points to catch the reader’s eye, we have a solution. Just make an order! Go to the official academic writing service’s website to get the top-notch papers at affordable prices!
Require academic assistance? – Get it right here and right now!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
More than 80% of students share they understand the topic better with the help of examples. Teachers who realize the power of visualization in learning try to involve images/videos in their lessons to explain the material in-depth. They may assign an illustration essay to teach this trick to their students. What is an illustration essay? The article you are reading contains valuable information on how to write the academic paper of this type, which topics to cover, and what the purpose of such writing is.
SOLVE MY PROBLEM WITH HOMEWORK
If you still find it difficult to work on the illustrative essay or another type of homework assignment, it is better to contact professional essay writers ASAP.
What Is an Illustration Essay?
Another way to call illustration essay is an example paper because it provides vivid examples on the given topic to make it clear. It is an easy and straightforward form of writing. In fact, any type of essay or research paper requires examples to illustrate & support the essay main point, which is an argument.
Example: Write about gender stereotypes. Support your point of view that female employees are paid less and often discriminated at the workplace by drawing particular examples from other sources or personal experience. You may describe the way your sister is treated at the factory where she is currently working with male employees.
Cause-&-effect and compare-&-contrast essays need examples. We can conclude that an illustrative essay is the part of an academic paper. The main difference between an illustration essay and argumentative or persuasive essay (the most popular homework assignment) is the fact student does not have to prove anything in the first case. Include only corresponding examples.
Read about these and other typical mistakes college students tend to make while writing the academic papers of different types and topics.
How to Write an Illustration Essay
How to write an illustration essay to make the target reading audience understand your topic despite their experience in the chosen field? Good essay writing always begins with the process of planning. Dedicate some time to writing a detailed essay outline to support the entire process. Once you are done with your research on the topic of your interest, develop a step-by-step instruction on a separate paper. Teachers offer an outline as an extra option. We recommend writing an essay outline even when your requirements do not tell to do it. There are several steps every writer must take:
- Develop final draft
- Proofread & edit
Read the suggested set of rules to get an overall understanding of how to plan and write a powerful, interesting illustration essay. So, what is an illustration essay?
You need a good topic
Brainstorming helps to come up with the best topic ideas; make a list of the points you would like to discuss in your illustrative essay. Don’t try to choose a debatable topic like gun control. Think about how to interpret your topic with the help of related images and describe the examples using various details. That is all a paper of this type should include.
Make & Use a List of Examples
A writer needs to make a list of topic-related examples to support the thesis statement and every paragraph’s argument effectively.
Example: You need to write about the young professionals. A reader might be interested in discovering what factors irritate people who obtain the first full-time job in their lives. What does illustrate mean in an essay on this topic? Use the following examples to explain what overwhelms & annoys young workers:
- A large volume of a workload at the early stages.
- Lack of professional support from the senior managers.
- Learning how to accomplish specific assignments (typing texts on specific equipment, using special technological advancements, reporting to seniors, organizing work schedule, etc.)
- Trying to find a balance between work, education, and family responsibilities.
DO MY HOMEWORK TASK
Every writer needs to conduct research before writing an informative paper on the chosen topic. Even if you are an expert in the field of your interest, do not mind researching with the help of print material or modern channels like search engines. It is not hard to research in Google. Modern technologies allow researching without spending much time on it.
You need to support every argument in your illustration essay to make the reader believe you are competent in the field of your study. Each time you use good ideas found in the sources written by other people, reference them properly. Are you acquainted with MLA, APA, and other paper formats? If you need help with this issue, use professional essay writing service to hire a good expert in college homework.
Once you decide on the topic and paper format, you need to make an outline. An outline is similar to the table of contents: it contains a title of each section (intro, body, and conclusion) along with a short sentence describing each section.
9 Good Topics for Your Outstanding Illustration Essay
Would you like to have a list of good illustration essay topics to save time on research?
What is an illustration essay? Students who have unanswered questions after reading a brief guide from academic writers should turn to the professional academic services. Here, it is possible to order custom illustration essay or another homework solution within the set period of time!
Do Research and Write an Outline
- The police utilize racial profiling against minorities to target them for random searches or treat them as suspects in different types of crimes.
- Climate is changing over the globe.
- Mega-retailers leave no place for the small businesses.
- Companies involved in IT industry tend to discriminate against female employees by promoting them to seniors less often than male employees, offering lower wages to them, and ignoring their mother rights.
- Candidates who win president elections are the wealthiest.
- The portrayal of violence in numerous video games, applications, television shows, and modern movies makes youth get involved in different types of criminal activity.
- The right to possess concealed weapons has prevented many tragedies.
- Why is it good to be the ruler of a country?
- Advanced nations do not allow families of more than three members to guarantee the decreasing rates of population growth and rise in the economy.