Looking for a position as as housekeeper in a hotel or motel? You should have a professional cover letter. The cover letter examples we’ve compiled below can help you get started. Choose from a range of templates and designs, and use these cover letter examples to customize your own job-winning housekeeper cover letter now. Get started today and win the job sooner!
Cover Letter Tips for Housekeeper
The following information can help you design a cover letter that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective cover letter:
1. Determine what You are Good At. If you have a passion for something in particular, use it to help you look for work. Many people have turned hobbies and personal interests into a career by pursuing what interests them most or what they are good at. Focus on what you like to do and design your cover letter around things that interest you.
2. Be SpecificMake sure your cover letter does not wander all over the place. An effective cover letter should be well laid out and be organized.
3. Be Goal Oriented. You will impress any potential employer by having a plan and knowing what you want to do. Employees who have a plan for their life have a greater chance of getting hired because employers see them as goal oriented, meaning they can be trusted to carry out tasks.
4. If you were Boss. If you were the boss, what would you look for on a cover letter that would make you hire someone. Design your cover letter around the things that matter in getting the interview. Make your cover letter stand out to employers.
5. Focus on DetailsYou need to check your cover letter over for any mistakes or errors. A sloppy cover letter can make you look disorganized and that you don’t care about your work.
Housekeeper Job Seeking Tips
When you are looking for work as a Housekeeper or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Learn the Art of NetworkingNever neglect the people around you as possible leads to a job. You never know who family members or friends will come into contact with each day that just might be looking for someone like you to hire. Tell your friends and family about your plans and what you are looking for in a job opportunity.
2. Update your SkillsTemp agencies and unemployment offices offer free classes in computer programs that can help increase your skills.
3. Have a Plan. Create a plan to measure the success of your job search.
4. Know your Job By learning about the job that you are applying for before going into the interview, you can improve your chances of getting the job. It will impress the employer when they see you have taken the time to learn the job.
5. Mock InterviewHave a friend or family member conduct a mock interview with you to remove any nervousness.
The two cover letters on this page are both for the Housekeeping industry. The first is a professional seeking a managerial position, the second is an entry-level candidate hoping to land a full time job. These cover letters have been written based on real resume samples hosted on our website. Learn how to write your resume here.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Both of the letters on this page follow the template outlined in our cover letter writing guide:
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Cover Letter
Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample
Based on the following resume:
Click Here to Download Our
Housekeeping CL Templates
Date Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I’m writing to you in reference to the recent job opening for Houskeeping Manager on your website.
I am a methodical and amenable professional with years of experience in the housekeeping industry, and I am excited to be applying for this position. I think that I’m a perfect match for this position, as your job description tracks perfectly with my abilities, and the 6+ years of experience I’ve gained in this industry.
Currently, I am employed at The Venetian Hotel as a housekeeper, where I have familiarized myself with and used all of the cleaning materials and tools. I’ve also been tasked with training, assisting, and supervising a team of 7 staff members, where I demonstrated strong leadership and organisational skills, along with a solid work ethic. I have become expert at managing staff and delegating work effectively, and possess superb communication skills that allow me to quickly fit into any existing team. I also previously worked at Boston Court Yard Hotel where I learned the basics of general duties like dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, and completing other tasks. Right now I am interested in elevating my professional prospects by working for a company like yours that values hard work, effort and loyalty in a management role. I have attached my resume for your review and would very much welcome a personal meeting with you to discuss your needs, and my ability to meet them.
T: Phone number
E: email address
Entry-Level Housekeeping Cover Letter
Based on the following resume:
Click Here to Download Our Entry-Level
Housekeeper CL Templates
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I’m contacting you regarding your advertisement for the housekeeping position on (Website Name). I’d like to apply for this vacancy, and have attached my resume for your consideration. My interest in this position stems from my belief that I have the right combination of relevant hospitality experience, organizational skills, and high levels of integrity that make me a superb candidate. My ability to leverage my knowledge and experience in the housekeeping industry would make me a strong asset to your company.
I have been working at the Tromphee Hotel as a part-time housekeeper for more than 2 years. In that time, I’ve gained a reputation for expertly fostering and sustaining enduring working relations with numerous visitors and guests, as well as the management and staff. By suggesting changes in standard operating procedure, efficiency by 10%, saving the hotel both time and money. My work experience at Tromphee Hotel has given me a robust and comprehensive understanding of the hospitality sector.
I previously was employed as an Assistant Housekeeper at Boston Court Yard Hotel, where I was tasked with general cleaning duties at hotel rooms, hallways and common areas. I also assisted the floor manager in achieving deadlines, inventory management, and ensuring top quality service for VIP customers. To date I feel my strongest abilities are:
- Always ensuring that the highest standards of quality, customer service and health and safety are adhered to
- Strong passion for problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Being able to greet customers warmly, and quickly find out what their needs are
I consider myself to be a dedicated and dependable individual who possess excellent verbal communication and customer orientation skills. I feel that a relationship with your company would be mutually beneficial, as my background, experience, and qualifications would make me a perfect fit for your vacancy, and would also allow me to progress in my career. In closing, I would like to thank you for your time and attention, and I hope to have the chance to discuss the opening with you in person. Sincerely,
T: Phone number
E: email address